Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Recently Read book

The other day I recently finished a book called Vaccination, Social Violence, and Criminality:The Medical Assault on the American Brain by Harris L. Coulter. Very eye-opening. It makes a strong case for the possibility that childhood vaccinations could very well contribute to the rise in crime and violence in society today. It talks a lot about the side effect of encephalitis in vaccinations that can cause a variety of neurological problems - from the minor to the major- ADHD, seizures, autism,...on and on...and personality changes...the book is written as a hypothesis, but makes one think, given the statistics provided and personal accounts from parents and doctors. Personally, Blane and I decided not to go any further with vaccinations after Isaac turned 6 months and we wish we had stopped sooner or not had them at all...that is our personal feeling. We are so thankful that Isaac did not seem to suffer any side effects from the ones he did receive and so far he has been a very healthy little boy. I'm still reading up more on the vaccination issue and eventually would like to do some reading by Dr. Sherri Tenpenny who has written books and I believe has a DVD out. We also watched a 2 hr DVD by Mary Tocco...very informative. She is not a dr. but has been an independent researcher into the vaccination programs for over 27 years. Oh the things you don't think about until you're parents! I still want to read up more on this issue...there is no "magic" time to get your child vaccinated...so I continue to "research".....I realized the 2-4-6mth..and so on appts. for child vaccinations is merely set more for the dr's convenience...so if you're wondering what to do and have questions...you should not feel pressured to vaccinate..just go with your heart and take the time to decide, in the meantime, your child's immune system is working on its own building up naturally! :)

No comments: