Friday, May 16, 2008
Living The Dream
I jokingly see myself as a "late bloomer"...My sister is 6-1/2 years younger than me but in some ways I'm 10 years behind her. I got married 10 years after she did, and had a baby about 10 years after she had her first (although I don't think at this point I'm considering having 5 children). So finally I'm "living the dream"....being a wife and mother and able to stay at home and take care of Isaac. I can't help at times getting stuck in the "if onlys"....if only I met Blane 20 years ago so we could have a house ful of kids, if only I was younger 'cause it's inevitable that as time goes by I will on a more regular basis be mistaken for Isaac's grandmother and not his mother (it's happened once already)...but it's starting to be a losing battle trying to look younger than I am now...if only I didn't have to share the house with constant crumbs and dust bunnies claiming squatter's rights!! Another losing battle! Oh well....to combat that all I need to do is walk into my sleeping boy's room and spend some time watching him sleep and be thankful for the millionth time today for our little gift God gave us, our little rascally angel. Some day there won't be crumbs and dust and clutter and I'll miss it ...so I'll treasure today as I pick up dominoes in the kitchen, Elmo in the office, and pieces of clothing on every piece of furniture.....time to switch the laundry....yeah livin' the dream....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment