Monday, September 29, 2008

"Your other child is under there...!"

Saturday night, Blane Isaac and I went to the Christian Bookstore so Blane could look and maybe find some study materials for church. So I got to chase Isaac around the store. Once in a while I'd get interested in browsing and off Isaac would go...I chased after him as he headed into the "breakable" area of the store wearing a finger puppet theatre around his neck! Then he took interest in a little boy around 6 or 7 maybe who was running around the store and flopping down wherever...Isaac was thrilled to chase him and the boy seemed to enjoy being chased while his father was oblivious to everything as he listened to music...Again I was glancing at something and realized I didn't see Isaac. An older lady saw me looking and said "he's around the corner but he almost went out the front door!" (She wasn't too pleased with me)..."And your OTHER one is over there under that rack!" "Oh NO!" I said..."I only have THIS ONE!" Well that little boy kept popping up wanting Isaac to chase him and I finally told him "I DON'T WANT HIM CHASING YOU!" He disappeared briefly. Next time we'll use the stroller for sure! Two or three dirty looks is enough for me and it's a little like torture when I find myself in a bookstore and I can't look at anything! Everything is so close yet SOOO far away!!

No comments: