Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Baby's Yawn...

I glanced in the rear view mirror on the way home from food shopping today and saw Isaac yawn and his eyes grow heavy..then fall asleep. I kept glancing back in the mirror taking in the sweet, sleepy face that makes him look like a baby even though he's a toddler now. I started thinking about a baby's yawn and what babies get away with. I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE and ANYONE who sees a baby yawn, especially a newborn or infant, has the same reaction. "Ah, how dear, how cute!" And you just want to hug and snuggle, and kiss their soft little cheeks. Am I right? Am I right?? Babies can get away with yawning anywhere and anytime they like, and make noise along with it..but I had to chuckle when I realized that it's not the same for adults or even kids when they reach a certain age....No, no, no...when you get a little older yawning in public isn't cute..but instead seen as a sign of boredom, rudeness and disrespect....and it's ESPECIALLY bad when it's accompanied by loud sighing! Oh I never tire of watching Isaac sleep and occasionally yawn. It's hard to believe that some day when he's older I might very well have to reprimand him for yawning loudly....Right now I'm enjoying the cuteness of it! :)

No comments: