Just got back from our church's Amazing Grace Race held at a park nearby...Blane and I entered along with 19 other couples. I knew we probably wouldn't win, but come on! LAST??? We came in LAST??? How can that be?? There were times I didn't even see anyone else around during the race so it seemed obvious to me we must have been way ahead, right? Well, let's see, giving it more thought I can think of a few times we may have lost some time....the 3 mile bike trail was first for us...we took our time looking at the map and getting our helmets on while everyone else left us in the dust....After that race my legs were like jello so I walked a little unsteadily to the next thing and couldn't help laughing 'cause I knew if I bent down too much I'd just collapse..., we next did canoeing which I think we did pretty good or at least it seemed like a piece of cake without a toddler sitting in the middle.....but walking to some of the other stations we were stopped a few times from people in the park asking what was going on (we had numbers pinned to our backs) so we chatted a little and told them about our church....So with all that in mind, I guess we could have gained, oh I don't know....2 minutes on our time?? Anyway, we had a good time. There were only two casualties on the bike trail...my poor sister wiped out pretty bad on the steep descent...BIG OUCH!!!! BUT, once she received a little medical attention she continued with the rest of the race with her husband....well not the bike part but everything else....
And thank goodness for other people with extra diapers! I only packed one for Isaac but gave it to his cousin who REALLY needed it...then later Isaac REALLY needed one so someone from church had an extra to give to me for Isaac....what goes around comes around...ha ha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Brenda, I got a good laugh out of this. How many parts were there to your Amazing Grace Race?
I like your blog a lot. Great job on it. Thanks for all your prayers and encouraging words.
Will
Post a Comment