Welllll...despite who our President-Elect is now, the sun STILL came up the day after election. I can rejoice in that. Although I am disappointed with the outcome, I wasn't surprised after waiting in line close to two hours to vote! Obviously Obama is the one that brought so many out to vote...so many wanting change. Oh they'll get change all right...it's the KIND of change I'm not looking forward to. It's my opinion that A LOT of his votes came from people who just wanted a Black president....and saw the idea of a Black president as a huge step! That in itself IS a BIG change! I will say that I don't care if the next President is Purple or Pink Polka-Dotted....if he doesn't share my values...he doesn't get my vote! I think it would be wonderful to have a Black President if he believed in the sanctity of human life and the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman and if I felt he could do a good job as Commander In Chief....but unfortunately that isn't the case. BUT...BUT he WILL be the next President and he and his advisors WILL need our prayers more than ever!!!! I take comfort in the fact that God isn't surprised at the election outcome and HE is STILL in control.
I'm currently re-reading a book called Hitler's Cross by Erwin Lutzer. "Erwin Lutzer explores the story of Hitler's Cross-how a whole race of people so in need of a champion found little help from the Church of Christ and so invited the judgment of God." I remember the last time I read it a number of years ago and saw the parallels in how Germany started down the slippery slope and how far we've come as well (i.e. Roe v. Wade all the way to partial birth abortion, homosexual "rights"..."hate crimes"...prayer taken out of school to people losing their jobs just by mentioning "intelligent design"...etc. etc...)...
When I'm finished I may put a few quotes on the blog.
Now on to more important things...like wrapping a few birthday presents for Isaac's party tomorrow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment