Monday, July 7, 2008

Tour De Fra....Uh Dover


Saturday, July 5th..Isaac went for his first bike ride and liked it! They just rode to a playground nearby and played for a bit and came home....Yesterday (Sunday July 6th), my brother Mark, Blane, Isaac and I all went for a bike ride. First we had to wait till the storm passed so we set out around 5:45pm with a diaper and wipes stuffed in the back of my bike shirt in case of emergency ....We rode about 20 miles....what?..what's that Blane? Oh...uh...about 2-1/2 miles....(felt like 20 to me) to one of Blane's aunt's house...visited for a bit so Isaac could load up on grapes, pretzels, strawberries and ginger snaps...then came home. I told Blane starting out that my tires just didn't feel right but he said he put plenty of air in them...so I just assumed it was me and I was out of shape all the more...but really I couldn't believe how far Mark and Blane got ahead of me even on the easy roads. When we got back, Blane looked at my tires and started laughing and told me to look. Well, my tires had plenty of pressure but the back tire wasn't tight and the WHOLE time had been rubbing against the frame!!!!! I'm pretty sure I had that same problem last week in the amazing race!

No comments: